View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Drives: Yellow 2SS, '06 Evo IX
Unhappy Heartbroken! Titan backed right into my car!!!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I absolutely must vent right now!

Today as I was about to enter the Steak and Shake Drive Thru near my husband's job, a Nissan Titan Backed into the driver's side of my car!!! UGHHH!!! The damage was not extreme, but it did damage the front fender and the door so that I could not get out of the car! I totally panicked... I don't even remember climbing over to the passenger's side to get out of the car.
Anyways, I was sooooo upset, that I was shaking! Once I saw the damage, I just got into the passenger side of my car, and hit the emergency button. Onstar was fabulous, FHP -not so much! They said that because we were on private property a.k.a. Steak & Shake parking lot, that they could not dispatch any officers to file a report!!!!! AHHHH! I bet if I had robbed the stupid Steak and Shake that they would dispatch Orlando PD or Orange County Sheriff Dept. I was sorely disappointed!
So I sat there, in my car, until my husband got there (I was sooo mad I mighta cussed the guy out), and we exchanged information, and the guy had the balls to freaking try to blame me. He says that I should have been going faster in the parking lot. WTF?!?!? Then, he starts saying that he never saw me through his back window... HELLO? Earth to idiot! Have you ever seen the length of a Camaro? He would have surely seen me if he had looked in a) His side mirrors b) Out of his damned WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh! I am sooooo pissed! Geez, If you can't see out of your fricking windows don't blame me, and certainly don't drive your truck so carelessly! If he knew he couldn't see behind his truck he should have been backing out slowly and trying to see what was behind him using every available resource... not so? He made me soooooo mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, I took it to Courtesy Chevrolet's Collision Center for them to assess the damage, and they told me that they would need to wait for his insurance company (Infinity) to come out and do the estimate, but they did pry out the dents on the fender a bit so that I could open my driver's side door.

My issue besides the emotional trauma of my beloved car being damaged is this: I was once in an accident with my Toyota Corolla, and had the damage fixed by the Toyota Dealer Body Shop. However, the damage was around $3K, and when I was trading in my Corolla towards my Camaro, the accident damage, though repaired by the Toyota Body Shop, gave me a negative Carfax report which knocked $4300 off the value of my car instantly (I later negotiated on this, but that's not the point here). I DO NOT want this accident to affect the value of my car. Does anyone have any advice? When I bought the car, I jokingly told my husband that after the issue with the Corolla, I would sue anyone that hit my car to get a replacement instead of repair, but truthfully we're not that kind of people. I do know that I am going to demand brand new parts instead of them repairing the parts that got damaged, but that still doesn't fix my problem.

Attached is a pic of the parking lot, the red X is where the Titan was parked, and if you look at where my car is heading you can see where the drive through lane is. I will post pics of the actual damage tom.
Attached Images

The next person who assumes that my car belongs to my boyfriend/husband is gonna be on the receiving end of some hot hell! I'm a girl dammit, not a preschooler!

Can someone tell me why so many Domestic owners hate Imports? Esp Japanese?
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS is offline   Reply With Quote