View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Northeast Rod Run

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Thanks, if I wasn't already intimidated, I for sure am now. LOL.
You don't need to be, but if you go in thinking it will only be a year or so to build it, unless you have bottomless pockets, you will get overwhelmed very quickly

Quote:
I am WAAAYYY over my head on this project, but I am willing to learn and I have no deadlines. I am just taking each small project and working on it until I am done. If it weren't the actual car that I cruised around in when in high school, I would not have bought it.
That is beyond awesome

Quote:
I was looking for a truck like the one you are doing or even older.
HA... I wasn't looking for the truck but I drove by it everyday for two weeks straight and then they put a for sale sign on it, so then I had to have it. I couldn't really even afford it at the time, but I have a hard time passing up a great deal

That's one big reason why I was supposed to tear my Camaro apart this winter. I was at Carlisle GM Nationals in 2012 and Hotchkis was there and they were having a HUGE sale, so I bought one of their TVS kits for my 69 Camaro. That was another time that my money was real tight and I had no immediate plans to tear into the car either, but the price that weekend saved me almost $1500.00 off of Summit Racing's normal price so I couldn't turn it down. The free shipping and 2 free t-shirts sealed the deal on that one for me. LOL!!!