View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 08:00 AM   #100
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Palette is the same....parts from the parts bin were used to upgrade it to handle the projected power that will be provided. GM engineering has shown us that on all products. Thus if you modify a zl1 you can expect to take the same "stock" parts off and replace with aftermarket that are better matched to the new power levels. For example. if you decide to move up from a small blower to a larger then how is that palette any better than a SS palette? What makes you think the zl1 will not require a new fuel delivery if you up the power. Granted the zl1 rear end at least on the surface looks like it may not need upgraded to move up in power and torque which is a huge plus. Look into the stock internals in the projected zl1 motor and you will find that you will be doing a new rotating assembly just like the SS's Still running thru the exact same TR6060 so that weak point is already known. So I guess what I am saying is that the same performance levels can be achieved in a zl1 for 75K vs SS at 60K. But I do like the hood, splitter and facia.. Oh and if i did not already have a Camaro and was in the market.. I would by a ZL1 in a heartbeat!
This car is more than just about the motor. But good luck with your SS.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote