View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #143
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
The difference in Supercharger, Single Turbo, and Twin Turbo is basically in how they make their power. Turbos make their power by being fed from exhaust gases while Superchargers are powered off a belt driven by the engine.

Currently, the only superchargers available are centrifugal superchargers which make boost as rpms increase so you'd be making peak boost at higher rpms. Turbos make boost as soon as it spools up.

The Superchargers available are the ones by RX and IPF. They pretty much all make the same amount of power.

The difference between turbo and supercharger is that turbos will produce more torque than the supercharger solution we have right now.

Since you own a 2011, it really won't matter what option you choose because they will all pretty much make the same amount of power since we have fueling issues. The turbos will produce more torque though. You'll be at about 400hp 400 tq with turbos and 400 hp 350 tq with a supercharger. Those are rough figures so don't flame me if I'm a little off.
+1 what he said is it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III