View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-screamer View Post
want to see in the Z-28 when/if it gets released?

Me:

1. Functional hood scoop. I think it needs something to differentiate it from the SS; like the SS has the mailslot to differentiate it from the LT.

2. The Dale Earnhardt spoiler.

3. Slightly lower profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
I want wider tires and rims.
Different hood scoop...if it's supercharged a functional hood scoop wouldn't work so maybe make the hood vent heat better.
Slightly lower stance.
I agree with the hood differentiation. I LOVE the SLP-style hood; I don't think it'll make it though :( I like the Jay Leno (JL) hood; I'm just not crazy over it. I'd LOVE it if they could incorperate CAI into the hood, but functional heat extractors would be very cool too

I do like a diffferent spoiler, and like the DE-style; that'd be super cool (NO TF3-style spoiler, please).

Different wheels/tires (wider) are a must for me. Though I can appreciate the engineering it took to get the 275s in the rear, I'd really like some 3XX-series sized rear meats. It'd be nice to get into Z06 or ZR1 territory, but I don't know that that's going to happen because of clearance. A nice suspension drop, around 1-inch minimum, would be great too (it'd be nice to see some magneto' struts but I don't want to ask too much ).

I think I'd like to see updated front and rear facias, too. I like the TF2-style, and really like the JL-style; I REALLY like the LED fog lights (I have a think for LEDs, lol). I think a subtle chin spoiler would be cool, something like at least a Z06-style, or even a ZR1. I don't know that I'd like a carbon fiber (CF) treatment, like ZR1, mostly because of how much I think it would add to the cost of the package, but as long as the power and handling are there, I wouldn't mind it . I think it'd be cool to get some center-mounted exhaust, like on some SLP 4th Gen cars, but no over-the-top rear diffusers or something.

I think it'd be nice to get some Z28-specific interior treatments, too. Maybe a Z28-specific instrument cluster with different font, a boost gauge (hint, hint GM ), some Z28 script - you know? Maybe some alcantara or suede inserts for the seats; some more leather treatment on the doors or something. Finish the ABL... *cough cough*

I would just refer to Jinx for my Z28, lol
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote