View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #33
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
It's easy to score a fight in hindsight. What isn't easier to judge in hindsight?
what about everyone else in the sport (other than those two judges) who scored it as a runaway for Manny? I mean come on. Tim got the decision but bias aside, Manny clearly won that fight. It was like watching Roy Jones get robbed at the Olympics. It was shameful. Tim even said to Bob Arum right after the fight "Im sorry, I did my best, but I can't beat him." He was shocked when his hand was raised as the winner Give it to pacman, he didn't protest, he said it was what it was. People put a lot of heat on Bob Arum to demand an investigation. The OFFICIAL result of the investigation...Manny clear won a unanimous decision but the unjust official decision after the fight will remain. Boxing is a dying sport...it is all about PPV and corruption. I miss the 80s with the big names fighting the best and on national TV for everyone to see, free!

I live in Vegas, everyone in the gambling game said Manny won the fight....EVERYONE. But it is Vegas and it needs a new moneymaker but the wrong guy was chosen...no one predicted Tim would be so unpopular, not enough fan base, and doesn't know how to sell his fights. Simply put, the search is still on for the next Flloyd and Manny. The truth is, boxing needs a dominant American Heavyweight again that will sell tickets...and we don't see that happening while the russian brothers are around.
MMA is taking over Vegas and boxing will just be a side show in 10 years.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote