View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #440
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
We get what your saying again and again about how little they make but this doesn't change the fact the the dealership owner needs to eat this one because now he's lost way more then that in bad PR and public opinion. The business lost and now shady reputation is far more damning then the 53kish he should have eaten right off to make things right. Before you get all mighty again for most of us here it's not about his 53kish car being totaled it's the situation and how it's been handled if you were in the car owners seat you'd expect what we're all chastising the dealership owner for aswell.

Easier way of explaining make it right with the car owner and deal with the thief after would've been the best way to deal with it they can still comp the insurance afterwards anyway for this.
YES ,i understand ,and What the op should of done was take the high road,and wait till the insurance had done the investigation,as well as the police dept,and waited till the dust settled ,and see what is being offered to him,all of which none of that has even been done.This guy thinks that his car can be wrecked one day,and then he should get a replacement within a week.Please none of this should of even been started until any of those things where settled.What if the insurance comes back,and settles with enough to replace it,yet,now all of this damage has been done to the dealer all for no reason,and the dealer decides to sue the OP for damaging his business for no reason..Trust me it happens every day...why do you think the OP is not jumping up and down as loud,and is going to say yes i lit the match ,but tried to to not fan the flames,once he realized what the correct path should of been,god insurance settlements can take months ,he has a free loaner car for now...I would of tried my best to work with both parties until i reach a point of no return,paid to have a lawyer send a letter...then started all of this,because then you have shown that the dealer was not going to help you,and then that when i reached out for the help of the web,etc.....ANYWAY I really hope it works out for both of them... I know it may sound like i am on the dealers side,I am on neither side...until i see the final out come..