View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #448
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
YES ,i understand ,and What the op should of done was take the high road,and wait till the insurance had done the investigation,as well as the police dept,and waited till the dust settled ,and see what is being offered to him,all of which none of that has even been done.This guy thinks that his car can be wrecked one day,and then he should get a replacement within a week.Please none of this should of even been started until any of those things where settled.What if the insurance comes back,and settles with enough to replace it,yet,now all of this damage has been done to the dealer all for no reason,and the dealer decides to sue the OP for damaging his business for no reason..Trust me it happens every day...why do you think the OP is not jumping up and down as loud,and is going to say yes i lit the match ,but tried to to not fan the flames,once he realized what the correct path should of been,god insurance settlements can take months ,he has a free loaner car for now...I would of tried my best to work with both parties until i reach a point of no return,paid to have a lawyer send a letter...then started all of this,because then you have shown that the dealer was not going to help you,and then that when i reached out for the help of the web,etc.....ANYWAY I really hope it works out for both of them... I know it may sound like i am on the dealers side,I am on neither side...until i see the final out come..

I don't agree with you at all. I've worked at a dealer for 10 years and your points are irrelevant. What does making much money on a ZL1 have to do with anything?

From a dealerships insurance perspective it is a drawn out process as I've been through it multiple times. Sometimes the dealership is told by the insurance we will handle this keep your mouth shut. I do know that it's a hard situation to be in. I see the numbers from an internal perspective and that $60k will take that dealer over a year to pay off. I work for a corporate dealer and manage a service dept. of 25 employees. Our dept. doesn't know if it will make money until the last 2-5 days of the month because of fixed expenses. We also have most of our cars that cost that amount if not double.

Most of the time the insurance pays over what the customer would normally get.