View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #180
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSL Callaway View Post
Hey Kev, nice ride it is part of what has gotten me excited about doing some mods to mine and I have not even registered it yet! Where did you find the exhaust tips, I just put on a Borla exhaust and they are saying that with the ground effects they don't suggest and don't have tips.
Thanks,
Steve
Steve... I got the tips thru "Assured Automotive" they no longer list the part, so I had to call and ask for it... they had 2 sets back when I bought them... may still have. Theyre a tight fit, and if not aligned properly, will rattle.

Borla, Stainless works or maybe SLP (one of those) make a dual tip as well... its stainless and not as "finished" looking, but its a 2.5" dual outlet, so it fits better, made specifically for the GFX... easier fit, but I wouldn't like it exposed cuz' of the finish and design...

Whole world of issues arise with the GFX and exhaust tips... too far in and they cause discoloration up the rear valance from the emissions, too close to the valance and they melt the plastic... too far out and, depending on your taste, look like crap... it was a loooong process finding what I liked! Good luck man!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote