View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
Chicadepueblo
2010 2SS/RS "Rizzo"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Brake & Rotor job needed

Hello Everyone,
So today I was told by the service manager at my local chevy dealership that my car was going to need a brake job within the next 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Now with that said I now have questions before I make a decision concerning what to do. First a little background info for my car. I am the second owner and currently the car has 36,204 miles on it. I think the car has the original brake rotors and pads. I do drive fast but have not dragged/ raced the car and done any hard braking. So here are my questions.

1. If these are the original rotors is it better to replace them or can they be re-surfaced and reused?
2. What brake pads should I go with aftermarket or OEM? Again I do not race the car yet. lol
3. If I have to replace the rotors which rotors should I get. The drilled/slotted rotors are awesome but I'm trying to keep the costs as low as possible. (I'm a school teacher and I'm trying to get ready for the start of the school year. So that unfortunately is also taking some of my cash flow away!)
4. How much do you think brake pads, new rotors, and labor would cost me?

If anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

All the best,
Roberta
Chicadepueblo is offline   Reply With Quote