View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #83
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
It's not the cause. It's the situation that's scary...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
.....the engine just shut off. Almost like it would with the key.
So, let's say you're daughter is in the middle lane of a six lane, in town highway with a speed limit of 65 mph, and there's a lot of traffic. Ahead, is the crest of a hill she must go over (which she does) and then her car just shuts off "like it would with a key". And behind her coming over the crest of the hill is an 18 wheeler with a full load and not enough time to stop. So the result is.....unthinkable!

I say this, and I too find this "scary" because it happened to me once. But it wasn't my car that stalled rather the car in front of me. When I came over the crest of the hill and saw the stalled car, it scared the s _ _ t out of me. Luckily, and I don't know how i did it, I was able to maneuver out of the way in time too miss them. But it was darn close, and was the first time in my life that I could see the entire whites of someone's eyes. I imagined, by the look in their eyes, that they thought they were dead meat.

To this day, I drive (as much as possible) in the shoulder lane out of fear that my car too will suddenly stall. And when I have no choice but to drive on an interior lane, I try to keep my car in a position so if their is a problem, I can switch lanes quickly. I know I'm paranoid, but that event scared the hell out of me. You're very fortunate your problem didn't occur in similar circumstances.

So, I'm be very interested in knowing what happened to make your car to make stall........
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote