View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #55
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Thanks for your insight into the history and planning that went into the recently revealed refresh & the Z/28. I am confident the changes that initially seemed shocking on a small computer screen will grow on most of us and most of us already find lots of things to love in the Z/28. I know that I did not love the first pics I ever saw of the 5th gen I now soooooooo love. I thought it just looked angry in the face. Like I said in another post, even then I liked it much better than the Mustang which I still think just looks sad in the face. I now think it is perfect..........................and therein lies the problem.

If I may be so bold as to speak for myself and I think many of my Camaro comrads:

I think most of us invisioned minor cosmetic changes and maybe some performance improvements and were bracing ourselves for the more significant appearance changes in the 6th Gen. We were shocked by the significance of the changes and saddened that our babys are now "the old style body style". We can't help that because we LOVE our Camaros sooooooooooooo much. AND......... those initial views from the TV show were not at all flattering.

Forgive us fbodfather for we have sinned. We spoke harshly of the new incarnation of our beloved Camaro.

Give us some time to grieve the loss of our body style being the new & baddest kid on block and adjust to newness of this design. IMHO

We do appreciate you and all the Camaro team for the hard work & dedicaton you put into everything Camaro related. Thanks for all you do!