View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #57
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Not even shorties? Maybe just straight pipes from the manifolds back to the mufflers, then....

Though....I hate to say it, the ZL1's exhaust may very well get you pulled over in Cali Stock......
I might still do shorties, but only if they give a little more power. Sound-wise, I think I'm going to be fairly happy and not have to worry about another loud exhaust ticket, LOL. I'll be definately removing any resonators before the mufflers though, and see to it the pipes are 3-inch mandrel-bent. I love the looks, too. I'm thinking making the by-pass for the open setting completely sealed will be exactly what I'm looking for. If someone gets some CARB-shorties, I'll definately be giving them a look though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
I know what I am about to say will probably not go over well on this forum, but no matter what kind of exhaust you put on a GM V8, it will never sound as good as the exahust on a V8 Mustang. I know it's all to do with the firing order, but it still sad that GM's just sound loud versus good, IMHO.
I don't fault you for your opinion. Stock-for-stock though, I don't agree. Even will full exhaust, that 5.0 doesn't do it as much for me though. JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote