View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
mondain

Drives: toyota
True MyLink requires a large-ish touchscreen, but not necessarily as large as a full nav setup.

I understand their reluctance to NOT put in nav and say 'well it has onstar TBT in the HUD'. And maybe they're contractually locked in with onstar in all models of the camaro that way, and legally can't offer nav.

But then at least offer MyLink, which is totally separate. Not only does it provide a visual interface for bluetooth phones, but also for controlling the radio/XM, remote iphone/ipod, and can be used to display info about the car (current mpg, efficiency, etc) which, while yes it can be crammed into the DIC and HUD, no reason not to include it in MyLink.

How would the ZL1 control my iphone to let me listen to Pandora? I believe MyLink is also the climate controls too.

So yes, installing MyLink is more involved than just slapping in a screen. Except it's the direction cars are going (color touchscreen controls), and Ford (and thus GM) are already scrambling to include it on as many upcoming models as they can.

I'm just saying, why would the most technologically advanced Camaro in GM's lineup not be planned to come with their most advanced interface? Why is Ford ok with it but GM is not?

Hope it makes it in as an option.
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote