View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
This is the V6 section so the only superchargers available are centrifugal... so it's not going to be "instant power"... boost on a centri comes on very linearly as the RPMs go up...

A properly sized turbo(s) really shouldn't have any lag...

I have owned and driven centrifugal supercharged cars... and now I've got a couple turbo vehicles in the driveway... I would have a hard time going back to a centri...

to OP, we've seen a few guys with STS kits here... most seem to have some issues with the installs and a fair amount of work to get them "right"... Personally I would avoid STS... IMHO...
True. I've never messed with centrifugal superchargers. I did research them when I was building the Subaru. From what I understood, they had the disavantage of both turbos and superchargers. They had a lag at building boost and still had the prasetic loss of the supercharger. the only advantage over a twin screw that I went with was they were capible of a good bit more boost. I get it's a V6 tread. I don't know whats available for them, just sharing my exsperience.

I didn't know about the STS issues though. That's good to know. I had actually considered them, also. Is the issue just on their V6 package. (not to derail the thread too much...)
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote