Thread: My Luck!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #27
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Do not understand why some people on this board feel so damned superior and feel the need to knock down anyone young. Thankfully there are forums on Camaro5 for those that like their Camaro's, both a young forum, and a forum for us old farts.

We all have in common a love for our autos. I am 63 and think it is positive new drivers come to the more experienced for help and guidance. We all should be mentors to the new drivers and first car owners who have a passion for cars. After reading this thread, the most immature and near sighted people are the ones slamming the OP. You have all heard the phrase "haters will hate". Well there are too many haters of young people on this thread because a newbie might have it better then you had at age 16. You negative posters come off as immature haters that would 'key' someone else's car just because you perceive they have something better then you had at their age.

On my 16th birthday, back in the dark ages, my parents took me out of school to get my drivers license, I passed, they gave me the keys to a Thunderbird. And even back then there were haters. I looked about 14 and to this day I remember the haters saying look at that spoiled kid driving daddies car. But it was my car and I washed, waxed, detailed weekly because it was my first car and a damn nice car. That experience starting at age 16 has influenced me to this day at age 63, I take care of my autos.

Today at 63, some younger people might look at me now with distain, look at that old fart trying to look younger driving a Camaro, or Corvette, or fill in the blank. Haters will always hate.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote