View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
summitSS
Darrell

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SPD-Summit Wht
1st Annual Open Car Show Hosted by the San Antonio Camaro Club

Hey gang!!! I created this thread for us to come together and start planning for our first charitable event. It may seem like November is a long time down the road, but believe me, it will be upon us in no time.

This charitable event will tentatively be held on Saturday, November 13th, 2010 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm at Providence College Preparatory School located at 1215 N St Mary's St here in San Antonio.

Proceeds will benefit the Broadcast Journalism and Audio/Visual programs at the school. Broadcasting and journalism students will be covering the event with photographers, videographers, reporters, etc. as a graded class project.

We're going to need to organize an event committee to ensure all the work of planning and executing this fundraiser isn't placed on one or two people. I'll volunteer to be this year's event chairperson that will provide direction for the planning of the car show. I need the following volunteers which will recruit members to assist them in their duties:

Treasurer: controls spending, plans a budget, and tracks the funds that are raised.

Publicity Coordinator: responsible for getting the word out about the car show to local media and the community.

Sponsorship Coordinator: will secure cash and in-kind sponsorships from the local companies to keep our expenses to a minimum.

Award Coordinator: responsible for securing trophies and t-shirts for the car show.

Registration & Judging Coordinator: will be responsible for the registration, identification, parking and judging of show vehicles day of show.

We can spend a little bit of our time each Friday night at our meets to discuss progress. Post your thoughts here. I will be posting links to many forms, flyers, etc to get feedback and to help chairpersons in their duties. Even though you may not be chairing a position, we'll still need your feedback...feel free to participate in this thread.

SummitSS
www.satxcamaro.com

99 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Artic White
01 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Torch Red
01 Chevy Corvette - Pewter
02 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 - Pewter
summitSS is offline   Reply With Quote