View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #3757
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
out of curiousity Rob, how much are those trailers?
I priced one from one web site, that has failed to respond so far at 5500-5600 depending on the accessories. I choose a few upgrades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Texas is trailer country... how long did the open vs. enclosed debate go on in your head?

Are they torsion suspension axles? I've never pulled one, but I hear they work pretty well. I also tie down the tires not the chassis, let the car's suspension take some of the bumps...... I'm too old for that kind of abuse
The open vs closed never occured... I'm not a little guy, and getting into and out the window isn't an option and I can't/won't climb through the trunk.

The other trailer I'm looking at has torsion axles, this one has spring axles. I agree on tying down the tires as seen in the pic of my car on the trailer at the top of this page...... If and when someone contacts me about this, I'm going to see if they can/will install the E-track system so I can tie down the tires...

It's only abuse if you are riding in the vehicle on the trailer which is illegal in most states...

Speaking of which... I may ask for your help... The place that builds this trailer is in Shawnee... When I get back from this lovely place of work, I'll be making a quick trip to get it. If time becomes a crunch, I may ask if you can pick the trailer up in OKC or Shawnee or wherever I manage to order it from and meet me somewhere. I'll happily pay gas, mileage time or whatever... and buy your lunch/dinner or whatever is appropriate for the time we meet...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote