View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #17
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovall-SS View Post
So what are you recomending for internals? What Pistons, Rods, Valves, crank, & Heads. I know you said LS7's but what is the recomended heads brand you think? I really want to see everything I should do to have a dependable monster motor.

If im running twins, is there a header package that can be used? I love the loud sound of headers.

I should be home sometime in October, and if all goes right I will use that time to travel down to cali just to drop off my car. Hope to be in the states no more then a week. What is the turn around time of installing motor work & turbo's? Im trying to figure out if I need to hire a company to transport it home or if im gonna be able to leave it there for 3 months.
What are your HP goals? The ~7psi kits that are sold on here don't need engine work to be dependable and last a long time. Most 7psi TT kits will net you in the 550-600whp range. If you want more than that, you will need to start looking into strengthening the internals.

These kits don't use headers. You may like the sound of headers but the exhaust is routed through a pair of turbo's AFTER the manifolds, so any sound you may gain will be canceled out as it travels through the turbo.

I don't know the exact install time but if any of these shops can't get a turbo installed in less than a couple days, they don't need to be installing them. I'm sure most of them can install it in a day, if they don't have other things going on. The engine work is another story. GMT can give you an idea about that.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote