View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Aeromotive A1000 Stealth Fuel System Issues

So I was having my car dyno tuned yesterday, and was running into a couple issues with the fuel system. I'm NOT running the electronic controller that Aeromotive sells, so it is at 100% duty cycle all the time. At idle I have 60psi fuel pressure, and it goes up to about 65psi up to 5k rpms. Past 5k rpms, it drops down to 38-40psi.

The tuner said that it could be that the fuel pump can not handle the pressure, but Aeromotive says their system handles up to 1100hp on a FI car. We followed all their directions, and are using 1/2" -8 line, and an inline fuel filter, as well as return system with a regulator.

Right now, I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the problem. I don't want to drop the fuel tank. Is there any easy way to test the voltage to the tank? There's a possibility that there is just not enough voltage going to the pump. I'll also be checking the fuel filter to see if there's anything caught in there. I wouldn't think the -8 line is restricting any pressure? This is my 2nd pump for Aeromotive, my first one burned out after ~2.5k miles, so I hope it's not an issue like that.

Any recommendations?

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote