View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #28
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
The only people upset about the Z/28 are those that will not be able to afford it. While it may be a bummer for some, you can't argue how great this car is going to be. A 1LE with an LS7 ain't gonna cut it.
People are upset by the approach GM took in creating the Z/28 not because they can't afford it, if you want speak for yourself go right ahead. It's just not practical for most ppl especially in my case being track orientated. I can reduce weight by taking out my speakers, and other means. But I'd rather not. Instead of stripping down to reduce weight a 5th Gen they should have waited for the Z/28 to be on a platform that will already be engineered for less weight(6th Gen) while maintaining some of the comforts people are used to. By putting a LS7 engine in GM is trying to sway some people to jump. I'm staying put. Kudos for GM bringing the hallowed name back but it was forced with a sub-par refresh. For those making it a DD good luck with that, I'm laughing at the first member who tears up his front lip on the highway.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote