View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 04:31 AM   #242
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
@Dragoneye I feel like you missed the point of my posts, im not saying the Z should be limited, and im not saying completely strip the interior, im saying do what Ford is doing with the Boss, which is leave out the luxury aspect and go for what a muscle car originally was, a stripped (as in lightweight materials and no fancy luxury, not "no interior at all") car with emphasis on light weight, handling, and high output. I dont see why people seem to think this is such an irrational formula when Ford has already announced their doing it with one of their Mustang models. So im not saying make it a no-interior car with an aftermarket motor and running straight headers and all that, thats rediculous, im saying go as far as you can towards a stripped down road warrior as all the standards and regulations will allow you too.
Also i dont consider the LSA as "tuned" at all, its a whole motor in itself, you dont tune an LSA to become an LSA, you just build an LSA. Sure it has an LS block and a supercharger but its all part of the motor itself none of it is changed from any other standard motor, i dont consider it tuned...now if GM presented an LS3 or LS7 with a different cam and heads than anything they offer stock in any car or as a crate then i would consider that a tuned motor.
As for the Boss i dont over estimate it, i just love the idea behind the car, im not a Ford lover by any means i love all muscle with a slight partialness towards GM, hell i drive a Camaro. Its not the fact that its a Boss or a 302 or any of that, its the idea behind it i love, that "no fancy crap here" idea LOL

@thok mcbeefstew Because with that kind of mind-set whats the point in a V6 model at all? or whats the point in a GT mustang if there's a GT500 out there thats even better, and whats the point of even offering a GT500 at all when there's a GT500 Super Snake. See my point?

@14pilot I completely agree, and some may say "well thats true, for 1st gens, but this isnt 1st gen anymore" but i still agree with you, because these cars SHOULD closely resemble their heritage, thats the whole point, if it wasnt the Mustang wouldnt look like a 60s' Mustang and wouldnt have a 302ci motor, and the Camaro wouldnt look like a 60's Camaro, and the Challenger would DEFINATLY not be the boxy ass "to hell with aerodynamics" Vanishing Point machine we see today. Its all about nastalgia and heritage, so keep the nastalgia and the heritage, if you want a 2-door LSA powered super machine with everything and the kitchen sink...buy a CTS-V Coupe...leave my manual cloth seat, manual gear box, small-fry radio, no-nav Z/28 alone.

Last edited by Vega; 01-19-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote