View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCam15 View Post
I noticed today a very weird noise in my 2SS LS3. When accelerating there is noise that sounds like some kind of rapid clicking. (almost like rice krispies fresh in milk...) Does not do it at neutral. It almost sounds like it is coming for the speakers but it's just too hard to tell. Occurs with the radio on or off. I almost wonder if it has something to do with the auto volume but it is turned off. I'm hoping it's not being caused by the drivetrain. Also it did not happen every time. Noise would come and go. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions??

Didn't drive the car that long cause the weather was getting bad today. Will listen for it again next time I'm in the car and hopefully describe it better.
Car has 200 miles on it and I have had it for a week. Used the A/C also for the first time today. Wonder if that has something to do with it?
I noticed what I think was the same thing... I took a look at the front-right wheel well and noticed several stickers wraped (like a flag) around various tubes/bars in the under-side of the engine compartment... I peeled them off and this seems to have resolved the sound.

To me the sound was kind've like a whirring noise, as if a fan was out-of ballance or vibrating... The noise wouldn't start until I was over 22ish MPH if I remember correctly. But once it started it wouldn't stop until the car came to a complete stop. It would resume as soon as I began accelerating again. It wouldn't "go away" until the car had been off and at rest for an extended period.
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote