Thread: New dyno run
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
New dyno run

I went to Torq Speedlab this morning (video is uploading now) for a new baseline on Roxy. The graph is raw data. SAE correction factor was 1.03. The pull was done on a Mustang Dyno (eddy current type add 30 HP correction). I've "done the math" and marked the sheet with corrected values.

I do have an anomaly or two to discuss with Vince though. First would be the power drop at 5800 RPM. Second, we used a wideband O2 sensor and got an AFR that was pretty rich (around 10.46/1) even for the DI V6. This tune is supposed to be the latest one from Vince tweaked from my run log.

I logged the runs with my Palmer software and reviewed them for problems but haven't found any indication of an issue from them. Unfortunately, timing is one of the PIDs that this logger won't see on the Bosch chip so, though I think the drop can be attributed to the ECU pulling timing, I can't be absolutely sure. At the point the HP dropped, the IAT was passing up through 124 F.

Here's the log file if anyone has Palmer software...
Torq pull 2 - Copy.lgf

Has anyone logged the knock sensors or IAT? Can you confirm for me what parameters initiate the timing pulls ?

My setup is an Airaid V2, MRT V1, and Trifecta's latest tune. I do have ducted air to the box but it is not sealed up yet. That's going to be tested the next time I dyno to see if it gets any ram effect once I seal it up better. It's pretty apparent that the box was sucking hot air by the IATs I logged during the run. Temps started around 99F for this run and peaked at 140 F.

Here's the run sheet...

Here's my original dyno run in 2009. This was also an eddy current type dyno. This graph does not have SAE correction. The corrected HP was around 321. Corrected torque was about 318.

The difference since then (besides 17K more miles) is I had the Airaid V1 and the initial Trifecta tune.

Here's another graph of the same pull with AFR. This dyno's AFR was out of calibration buy .4 so, add .4 at all points on the graph for comparison.

Last edited by Beauwulf; 07-02-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Beauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote