View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
What's your expectation for speed?

My first poll.

So what are your expectations for what the 5th gen will do in the 1320? I guess a standard is necessary here, so let's go off the MIDDLE of the road "package".

For example, in the 4th gens, the Z28 was better than the 6-banger but less than the SS. Since it's all speculation (that I can see) as to how they are going to badge the 5th gen, just use that standard for our basis.

I'm looking for a factory freak to be able to break into the 12's on a perfect day, but your run-of-the-mill decently equipped daily driver (m6) being capable of 13.2's or so with a 1/4 tank and driver on street tires. So basically it leaves the top model (4th gen SS-equivalent) a consistant 12-second car that dips below 12.5 on a perfect day.

I don't think that's unreasonable, and if the LS3 is the standard...I'm probably shooting towards the SLOW end of the spectrum...but I'm just telling you what would make me happy.

Truth be told, if it's much faster than what I'm aiming for, the insurance is gonna suck and the idiots who can't drive will be killing themselves on a weekly basis.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote