View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Do Your Brakes Squeal?

Long story short, here it goes. I'm currently dealing with Chevrolet and their business/customer service department about my squealing brakes. As of now my car has been in the shop 27 days since April 1st, the brake pads have been replaced 3 times, and Chevrolet still insists that all of their cars' brakes squeal. Yes I am aware that Brembos squeal, but do Brembos squeal all the time. I say all the time in its literal sense, as in whenever I depress the pedal some squealing is heard, loudness varies of course. I am just looking for people to confirm or deny that their brakes squeal and if possible to what degree they squeal.

To the Chevrolet guys on the forum:

Sorry to call you out, but my representative is the reason why I am requesting this poll. During our last phone conversation she informed me "all camaros' brakes squeal. It is something that I should get used to, and if I have a problem with it I should speak with my dealer and have them find a solution to my problem." I'm sorry, but that is not customer service. That is a rude customer service rep hiding behind a multi-billion dollar company while she picks on a 20 year old.