View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Tightening the crank bolt to 140 degrees?

My mechanic friend and I got a great start on my Maggie supercharger and Kooks headers install today. We did however get stuck on the step after you drill the 2 holes in the crankshaft pulley and slide in the 2 little pins. You have to torque the bolt to 37lb ft of torque. Then the bolt has to be torqued 140 degrees. He bought the gadget to tell how many degrees the bolt has been turned so we aren't guessing. We have it turned/tightened to 70-75 degrees, but we're such a long way from 140 degrees like it says in the Magnuson manual and its getting VERY hard to turn the bar. To those that have installed a Magnuson TVS2300 supercharger, what did you do to get the pinned crankshaft bolt turned/tightened to 140 degrees?

Also, I have all 3 panels (under the dash, door sill, and rear side) off on the passenger side because of the MSDS fuel pump voltage booster install. Can we run the vacuum line along that side and go through the firewall to the supercharger? Is there a spot to put it through into the engine bay?

If we can get help with these two problems.....tomorrow should be very good and we will finish the supercharger!!
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote