View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #76
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by probee773 View Post
What is the theory behind why this would fix the high rpm 1st to 2nd grind? I've heard others say the grind may be caused by inadequate synchros in the tranny. Others have also said that GM acknowledged this for LS3 guys and started using carbon fiber synchros to eliminate the grind. The synchro theory makes sense, but I don't understand how a new master cylinder that flows better and faster would help with grind. I am not an expert by any means, so please school me.

The tranny does have issues and the carbon blockers being used now helps but these trannys are just notchy going into second so the two important tranny fixes are changing to the carbon blockers and changing the fluid to royal purple or red line.

after a lot of us had already done this and our trannies shift fine during regular use when trying to shift from first to second under hard acceleration at high rpm we still get a grind and we believe its because the clutch isnt releasing far enough or fast enough.

now with the new master cylinder you get more flow and a tad more travel out of the pedal which pushes the slave cylinder a little further so now the clutch wont be hanging up and it will disengage faster eliminating the grind we all hate.