View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #16
Darsh 007

Drives: 2010 Camaro - 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel@txangl.com View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but I just learned the hard way that you CAN NOT use the Factory Halo's in a non-RS without changing the headlights at $800ea, the "Body control Module" unknown cost, front wiring harness, and adding in the 2 power supplies to run the lights.

My dealer did not know this, nor did I, for that matter, at the time I picked up my 2010 Camaro. They even ordered the lights for me. However, after speaking with GM, they said this can not be done through GM. I am sure you can pay out the #$$#$ to get it done elsewhere, but you should have went with the RS. MUCH CHEAPER that way.

On a side note, dealer, has agreed to allow me to return the car and order exaclty what I want. This is what I am doing. They are allowing me to keep the car while they find a buyer, but I am not driving it. I have had it for 4 weeks now, love it, but for the amount of $$$ I paid, it should be exactly what I want. Some here may think I am crazy, but I fell in love with the front of the new Camaro from the concept drawings with the Halo Lights. It's just not the same to me, without them. So I am going to return it and order exactly what I want.

The one I have now kind of fell into my lap. (2SS M6, ICE Silver, with 21" GMPP Wheels, Sun Roof, Loaded, Austin,TX. I did not order it, the dealer simply called me because I had contacted them about buying a Camaro. I am not sure how they manged to actually get one in.

If anyone is interested (not to be a salesman) You can contact Champion Cheverlet in Austin, TX. The car only has 1300mi on it, I have not got on it at all,was still breaking it in and it stays in my garage. BTW, Champion thus far has treated me better than any other dealership that I have dealt with. They have been absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, sorry to break the news to you on this. I wish someone had told me, before I bought the car....

:(

Bummer. Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully the aftermarket folks will solve that problem then. She's a beautiful machine, and it wasn't until I was able to see her up close that I found I preferred the lack-o-spoiler. There's a certain j'un cest quoi about that look.
2000 = Accepted By GM: 7/25/2009
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 7/29/2009
3800 = Produced: 8/31/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 9/14/2009
6000 = Woohoo!!!: 9/15/2009
Darsh 007 is offline   Reply With Quote