View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
Cpanthers85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Hey man,
When you took the heads off, did you take them down to be mic'd or did you just put them back on? I was always told with aluminium heads they had to be worked before reinstalling to make sure they are not warped. I need to change out my lifters but have been waiting for when I do my 418ci, but they took away our overtime so all thats on the backburner now. Still wanna check out your car, (I posted above) Are you going to Pavs this Saturday? Its Camaro night.

Adam
Hey Adam,

I didn't have the heads mic'd. The only changes that I made were the springs, so I scrubbed off the glue from the bottom of them from the old gasket and cleaned them out really well with brake/carb cleaner. I didn't change the valves and I used the LS9 Cam, so the lift wasn't high enough to worry about. If I would have had the heads machined, I probably would have gotten them ported and went with a different set of valves. I guess it's kind of the cheap way of going around it... I'd recommend the ARP head studs, instead of the TTY bolts and the LS9 head gasket (9 layer) if you go blown.

Not sure if I am heading up to the Pavs... I usually go with my Dad or one of my friends who has a Shelby, and the guy with the Shelby hates Camaro night. LOL I will see if they are interested.

I am dying to do a 418 build. If my comission hadn't sucked this year, I probably would have done it.

I will let you know if I go, though.

Dan

Mods: Kooks Long Tube Headers, RotoFaB EForce CAI, American Thunder Catback Exhaust, PFADT Stage 1 Drag Kit + Front Sway Bar, GM Strut Tower Bar. ZL1 Fuel Pump. Nitto NT05R. RX Catch Can.LS9 Cam and Springs.LS3 Conversion.JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade.Edelbrock Eforce.60# Eforce Injectors.Extreme Racing Tune. 523/495

MY BUILD THREAD
Cpanthers85 is offline   Reply With Quote