View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #44
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
So you can get to it with the car being lowered and wheel still on? Just off the top of my head it would seem a little tricky to get to it.

I know a lot of people are very concerned about drilling some holes in the trunk but honestly it's one of the things I love about my BC coilovers. I just pull back the trunk carpet, lean into the trunk some, make my adjustments, and put the carpet back like nothing ever happened. When I'm done racing I do it all over again to get my street settings back.

I'm by no means knocking the Ridetech design. Actually all the other coilovers besides BC seem to be basically the same way. Pfadt did have a cool design of the adjusting knobs being at the bottom of the coilover which would be my second choice of how to make an adjustment.
Getting to it with the wheel on and the car on the ground isn't bad. You can reach the knob with your fingers and roll the adjuster. There's just enough room to get to it. The knob isn't super hard to turn, either. You will have to get on your back, though so I wouldn't suggest doing it in a white shirt.........
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote