View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #1
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Calling all SCCA SOLO rules Gurus!

I am considering running my 2014 1LE in SCCA autocross next season and had some questions about what modifications would put me in which class. Currently I only have a Cold Air Intake which I can swap back to the stock airbox in about 15 minutes time and that should put me in F Street where I understand that 1LE's are very competitive. However I am also interested in making a few modifications to the car for HPDE events throughout the year but this could have consequences on my autocross classification. How would the following modifications affecting my classing?
  • Would additions like the Z/28 Brake Duct kit and the Z/28 Differential cooler affect which class I would compete in?
  • What about any of the BMR suspension components, specifically bushing kits that would swap out the stock rubber bushings for polyurethane?
  • Where would I likely end up if I went crazy and upgraded to the Z/28 DSSV suspension kit I have seen available? I know there are some acceptions in the rulebook for replacing parts from other models but the Z/28 to my knowledge is not currently in any autocross class so I have no idea if this is even remotely possible.
  • And finally would mostly cosmetic modifications have any affect such as ZL1 rockers or a Z/28 rear diffuser?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.