View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Thanks, It comes with some strips of paper you are supposed to first attach to the spoiler over the holes, then line it up on the car then tape the strips to the car to mark the holes, I have measured the holes in the spoiler and the locations of the factory spoiler locations and they are dead on the center of the factory positions.. But to make sure I am going to put some tape on the trunk, and then put some of the rubber ear plugs in the spoiler mounting holes, a dab of paint on each earplug and then place the spoiler in position, that should mark the exact location of each hole to drill. I have used a similar method before and it works great.
You can use about anything you can get into the spoiler mounting holes, I just chose earpluge because they are soft and I can easily get them out afterwards...
Just a suggestion. I installed the NLP spoiler that uses the factory mounting points. They supplied a template that worked fine but you can take out the 4 rubber plugs from the underside (2 each side) center them and drill up using a pilot bit then drill back down with the proper clearance holes for the mounting bolts. The 2 center mounting locations can be measured from the holes drilled or may make it easier with a supplied template.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote