View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I think ur post is very confusing. There is no stabilitrak mode.

1) Normal driving mode ( tc and stabilitrak on)
2) TC off mode ( tc off, stabilitrak fully on), press TC button once
3) Competitive mode on (tc off, stabilitrak in competition mode), press TC button twice.
4) Everything off ( tc off, stabilitrak off), press TC button and hold until two yellow tell tales on speed gauge show off, one tc off and one squrly car tracks for stabilitrak off. Center cluster will state stabilitrak off too.

Modes 3 and 4 change steering ratio/effort. I love the mode 3 steering and drive with that most of the time, 4 is even better but I dont use it in the colder temps for the street.

Mode 3 also allows launch control.

Also, not sure I would call them "ride modes". Ride is used to describe vertical vehicle control and exists on electric dampening systems like MR and the two mode Shelby, Viper etc. We dont have ride modes on the 1LE, maybe driver modes?
I might be a bit cranky b/c my home network took a dump this afternoon and I'm still trying to fix it. I totally DISAGREE with you, MG. I digested this straight from the manual. I know you say StabilTrak doesn't exist but it certainly says so in the manual. Maybe my use of "MODE" is a bit loose. But anything you switch on/off is a mode frankly speaking. Maybe Chevy branded something this year that's always been there?

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 4.17.27 PM.png
Views: 918
Size:  309.5 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 4.17.37 PM.png
Views: 938
Size:  359.4 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 4.17.46 PM.png
Views: 867
Size:  365.9 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 4.17.54 PM.png
Views: 868
Size:  165.4 KB