View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #28
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Mike, I'm sold, once you let slip on wheel and tire configs, I'm in. But I'm still gonna go with 20's.

when you have time, can you educate me on why wider rears than fronts increases understeer?

I'd like to learn why this happens.

Can't wait to see the details.
We have learned more about the Camaro suspension than all of our other platforms. What poeple need to do is to come up with a total goal first.
I say this because the tires you select have a very serious affect on the overall handling. We have learned this and will be eventually offering 2 different Xa packages to help fine tune the rear to complement the rear tires best as possible. Same thing will go with our sway bars. They tested out great, but we will bump them up and come up with multiple sway bar packages again to match upgrades. We have found that you can over bar the Camaro if you are doing them without upgrading srpings and dampers. What this means is you can reduce your handling, by increasing understeer by doing a front and rear sway bars without other upgrades.

So a master plan that must include a budget, should be done before wheels and tires. I spend a lot of time helping guys thru this product. So far, the really great wheels out there that I have seen so far are pretty pricy.

Hope this helps

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote