Thread: 1LE?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brjray View Post
If they put Brembos on the V6 can they at least make them stop squeeking? My sisters 2ss sounds like Jeff Gordon pulling into the pits whenever she stops.

Didn't they make the suspension parts on the old 1LE available from GM Performance parts as an upgrade to non 1LE cars?
Yes, you could buy the parts over the counter IF you knew the part numbers. Back in 98-02 not many people did because the internet wasnt known so it was basically a back door type of order. Only way to know what it was, you had to have an inside guy.

1LE option would be amazing. Give the Camaro a "track pack" and watch how many people will check the box. I read somewhere that Ford is expecting like 20k orders of the track pack. That is A LOT of extra cash going into the car.

Also, they are Brembos!! They will squeak. That means they are working. Cant have awesome braking without the noise. Either take the noise or get worse braking.

BTW, Had a ZR1 pull up next to me about 3 weeks ago and talk about loud braking. However, they stop in an ungodly amount of time.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote