View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #10
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
+2 on the Audi. One thing about new car magazines is that when they test these cars, they baby them down the 1/4 mile. If you want to really find out how the American muscle cars really perform, check out the late model performance mags. The GT500 ran a 12.9 in the quarter according to C&D. How a 500HP car goes that slow is beyond me, but look in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, and you'll see that the GT500 ran a 12.25. New car magazines do not focus on wringing every last bit of performance out of their test cars. They are more focused on driving the car in general. Most people who care about 1/4 mile times aren't concerned how many inches of headroom the car has. These articles are written to showcase the car overall, without a focus on any one subject. If you are seriously in the market, then do what I plan on doing once all the new muscle is out. Test drive them yourself. Tell the dealer that if you can't, then you are going to go buy one of the other cars you were looking at. They'll let you do what you want to an extent.

Well said. I reread my post and I sound a little more worked up than I intended to. I just have a general dislike for the big three car mags out there (yet I still read them LOL).

Also, I don't really like the Shelby GT either, because you can essentially take a stock Mustang GT add the same handling and performance modifications, and throw in some 4.10s for good measure and keep it all under $2000. The Shelby GT is just a designer Mustang and you are just paying for the name.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote