View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It's not the AFM causing it. It use to happen to me all the time driving around town. I would start slowing down for a red light and the light would change green before I stopped and when I gave it gas, the car would bog down. It's the exact same thing that you experienced. It is normal for the L99 and it's because of the factory tranny tune.

Ok, If you really want to see how the A6 shifts in stock form. Go into Paddle mode. Get up to about 40-45 MPH in say 5th gear. Then get on the brakes and slow down to say approaching 12MPH. Don't use the paddles. Just let the tranny downshift for you and see what gear it is riding in at 12MPH. Then step on it and see what happens.

You will spit and sputter along until it you get back up to speed unless you downshift. It is highly doubtful AFM was even active during his little jaunt with varying speeds so agreed not AFM. Since OP was paddle shifting my money is on OP didn't downshift far enough to floor it and it bogged down. Probably was in 4th. Should have at least gone to 3rd. possibly 2nd depending on actual speed Op was going.

PS OP. You cannot downshift too far as the computers won't let you. It will show up SHIFT DENIED on the DIC. Built in safety net.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote