View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #21
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
Are you using the stock LSA heat exchanger?
OK a ltitle update. The LSA and the ECU uses 2 intake air temp sensors as well as 3 maps sensors. OK 2 of the map sensors are 1 bar and 1 is sued for baro. The third is a 3 bar on the top of the intake.

The E38 in the camaro is configured for 1 map and 1 IAT. So I have changed the tables for the map and am now using the 3 bar tuning tables. One IAT is in the MAF like most cars but thsy have another in the intake top after the supercharger.

I had to build a jumper harness to connect the GM IAT sensor to the MAF harness on the Camaro. Well once I did that I started to monitor the Intake Air Temps. I was suprised at how high they were and really would not drop after cruising for several miles.

After using my infared temp gun I found that the Setrad heat exchanger wasn't as warm as the connectors for the intercooler. They connectors were the same as the manifold and the readings on the computer.

After some investigation which included removing the intercooler hoses and flowing water from my garden hose I determined that the heat exhanger had been air locked. I could feel the pump running but nothing was coolng down!

I was able to get the air out of the intercooler and now it seems to be flowing very well. The temps are now at predictable levels and it will drop 3 degrees after some WOT runs. Now I know why the car became a dog after driving it a bit.

A tank would have prevented this from happening but we didn't have the time to fab one up. Oh well. I want to say now the car runs very hard even in 90 degree temps.

No more heat soak.

Robin

Last edited by Robin Lawrence; 05-24-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote