View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #11
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
I live in Virginia and I've never heard of that here. I've had friends who were ticketed for "Disturbing the Peace" because of their sound systems, but never exhaust. If it really is a law here I'm going to have to tip off a few officers about the annoying ass motorcycles that go past my house at all hours of the day and night. They're so loud you can't hear the TV in the basement when they go by.

I agree with the motorcycle thing....the worst part is the guy across the street from me and his buddies will sit there and rev up their "legal" motorcycles at midnight or later. I wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have 3 little kids that were trying to sleep.

Even if you call the cops, and IF they respond to the call, they won't/can't really do anything about it. The cops around here only bother the people they want to bother. Everyone else gets ignored. Even if you do something illegal right in front of a cop (not stopping on a red before making the right turn, running left turn arrows, running red lights (really bad around here lately), etc, they just turn an uninterested eye to it. Unless of course you're one of the people they want to bother. Then they nail you for everything.

In my old Camaro (3rd Gen RS with t-tops), I was driving around with my girlfriend and the cop literally passed us going the other way and made a u-turn in the middle of the street to follow us. I wasn't doing anything illegal, so I just kept going. He finally flipped on his lights, so I pulled over. I took off my seatbelt to get my wallet out, and he comes up and says he pulled me over for not having my seatbelt on. I said I had it on until you pulled me over. He says he couldn't see it so I pointed out to him that my car has these little "brackets" attached to the side of the upper part of the seat. The seatbelt attached to the B-pillar came down through those brackets so that they would line up properly for coming across your shoulder. Because of that, it may have looked like I didn't have my seatbelt on, but I did (too make it worse, the seatbelt thing at the time was a secondary offense...meaning they had to pull you over for something else to write you a ticket for it). He took my info and went back to his car....sat for like 15 minutes, came back, gave me my info back and told me to keep the speed down and buckle up, and then he walked away before I could say anything. That was back when cops around here were known to hassle Camaro/Firebird/Mustang drivers just because they could.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure that's changed....remind me again why I want to get a new Camaro.....

http://www.bobmcdormanchevrolet.com/09camconv.html

Nevermind, no more reminder necessary.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote