View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Actually, I think it was a 12.4_. The thing I was trying to state is power output and putting the power to the pavement are 2 different things. If whoever puts this thing on their car leaves on stock tires and doesn't attempt to do anything to help the car plant they aren't going to do as well as they could. There are SS drivers that are having issues and running 14's. It's not the car's fault. The car is still putting out the power.

The AAC car had more issues than STS or AAC were willing to admit. I'm just glad a few have stepped up and gotten the kit regardless. I still want to know why they are having trouble stabilizing the boost. It's not like this is their first rodeo. It would've been nice to have STS put one on and prove their product rather than having customers do their R&D for them(or so it seems).

Z- I hope you get the meth-kit worked out. I'd like to see increased boost.
I've gone the cheap way. My NX kit is due at my door the 13th. Wish me luck.
I wish you luck with the N20. These cars are just so much more fund with the added HP. I know you will love it, just don't get addicted to upping the "shots". Vince is great to work with. FYI, the boost is stable, its just at 5 psi (or like 4.8). The tune made a huge difference.

My hope is that with more of us installing the STS kit it will then help to create proof that a market for FI exists for the V-6 which hopefully will lead to more product offerrings. Possibly better and more affordable as they start to up the ante. If I was a vendor seeing all these comments, I wouldn't be in a rush to develop anything either.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote