View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #27
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetInTheCar View Post
I can personally attest to that. When I hit a pole with the right front going around 25 mph, the air bag deployed, I thought I'd broke my kneecap from how hard it hit the dash, but the shoulder belt had me pinned - no whiplash. Like it was holding me in it's big cuddly arms. And that lovely large crumple zone in the front kept the suspension damage to a minimum, although I did end up having to replace the steering rack.

I can't say I was glad to see my car mashed, but I was glad I wasn't driving anything else (and glad the other guy was liable). What isn't there to love about this car? I DO love mine more than ever, for how well it protected me, and for how, after a lot of sheet metal repair, welds and paint, it's almost back to it's old self. Now THAT'S a real muscle car.

When people complain about the weight of the Camaro they do need to take into consideration the benefits of the additional structure. The videos and your personal experience speak volumes. The structure also makes the 5th Gen respond incredibly well to suspension modifications. Now we can have the same robust structure in a Vert and ZL1.

Thank you Chevrolet!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote