View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #50
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
yea it's gotta be. that'll definitely be fun!
you know what else i noticed they replaced the Torque gauge in the 4-pack with tranny temp. wtf? lol
A lot of folks on this forum complained about the torque gauge, they hated it. I suspect the general reaction elsewhere was similar.

I think I'd like a torque gauge, but tranny temp is definitely way more useful if you have an automatic. OTOH, if you have the manual, tranny temp is pretty useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Yeah we were told this many moons ago. There's talk it was patent laws, but the official response is expense over value made it not worthwhile, or something to that effect.
Can't be patent laws. The first generation Camaro had it. Even if it was patented then, the patent is expired now and nobody can re-patent it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
OH, that patent thing might make sense, i remember reading in an older issue of MOTORTREND in september about an 18 y.o. kid that was developing an on board torqe read out system.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/e...gue/index.html
That's an interesting way to measure torque, I like it. The kid can probably patent that measurement method. However, the concept of displaying torque is not any newer than 1967 (probably much older).

My ScanGauge II can display torque as reported by GM's extensions to OBDII (it's horribly inaccurate; I think I need to tweak the code it uses).
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote