View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #327
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
I took my 2010 Camaro 1SS into the service department on 08/19/2010 regarding this issue (and my L99 oil pan leak and rear axle clicking noises).

I wanted them to follow this TSB:

PIE0054A: EI10035-Engineering Information-Front Suspension Noise, Clunk Popping, Rattle - (Mar 29, 2010)

That TSB has the service department gather more info for an investigation into this issue, but instead they decided the almost one year older TSB that instructs them to replace the strut mounts was the proper course of action:

#PIC5177: Snap Or Pop Noise From The Front Suspension When Turning - (Jun 4, 2009)

They replaced both strut mounts, and you guessed it, it didn't make a darn bit of difference. I was also told "they all do it, so it must be normal" statement as well. I decided to wait to see if there is a "real" resolution before I try to get the service department to do anything more, because in their opinion it's fixed/normal.

My 2010 Camaro has done this from day one and with replaced strut mounts it still does it. It's extremely annoying to listen to as you drive the car. Passengers in my Camaro will ask what that "thumping noise is" and all I can say is "GM believes it's normal to have a front suspension make thumping/clunking noises as you drive".

I've driven many cars in my life and this is the ONLY one to have this kind of suspension noise.