View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #1016
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I had mine replaced at just under 14k miles and started experiencing the same grind issue on the new one once I hit about 27k miles (13k on the new one). The new transmissions are just the same as the old ones, complete with the design flaws.

I spoke with a couple of the GM guys out at C5Fest about this transmission. I wanted to know if they intended to continue using it, with or without design changes, for the 2012 model that is being bumped up to 323hp with the new LFX engine. Yep, still using the AY6 next year too. There is no recall planned and each case is being dealt with as they come in. One of the guys I spoke with seemed to know exactly what I was talking about since he has a 1LT/RS manual as his daily driver. When I spoke to Scott Settlemire, he asked how I liked my car. I told him I loved everything about it but the weak ass Aisin transmission and the problems with 2nd gear. His response was something along the lines of "...that's interesting...unfortunately GM isn't the only one running into issues with transmissions lately, have you read about all the problems the 2011 Mustangs are having too?" WTF??? Seriously?
Now thats how you show your customers you care......
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote