View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #1018
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Now thats how you show your customers you care......
LOOL
So beware before you read this as I am in a bad place full of sarcasm.. No offense to any of the members of the forum. Sorry guys I was not expecting to hear from GM well you know Ford has issues too so tough luck. I am really upset with GM right now especially in Cfest aftermath.

IMHO:
Lets see what do Mustangs and camaro's v6's have in common?
Crappy transmissions made in Asia..

I can't believe Getrag is making transmissions in China!! Yet another ruined brand.
Well I bought an American car and got a Jap car, there should be a law against that or at least a disclaimer..

The funniest thing in all of this is that the crappy Malibu i am driving right now for about a month is faster than my camaro. I hate driving an automatic!!!

Here is the kicker how come Dodge can afford to use a proper transmission and GM can't. Major difference is that Dodge uses stainless steel for their syncros and not brass. Also Dogde use the true and tested Borg T56. According to wiki Dodge requested stainless steel syncros from Borg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T56

Now given basic materials knowledge stainless steel is much tougher than brass but hey who needs a long lasting transmission.

Before anyone tells me I know about the issues with the Aisin 1-2 being cause by the ratio and syncro. So what would be a good fix. Replace the first gear and make the 1-2 ratio not as bad!! Install a syncro made of carbon or stainless steel that can take the pressure.

I really hope that this time when they fix it I can at least drive to another dealership so I can trade it in for 2007 SAAB aero.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote