View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #163
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Any updates Padre? Too hot to run or too busy writing sermons?

I was wondering, when you ran with just a few parts, how long of a cool-down were you doing? If you ran the car with a short cool-down, call it 15 minutes, would the car slow down a bit, a few tenths? I've found the LS2 in my TBSS to be very temp sensitive. Hot off the highway it ran a 14.7 and with a cooldown and better launch I went a 14.2 the same day.
Hot and pretty busy, but if we're spared afternoon thunderstorms this Sunday, I'll head back out to Steele. With the new tune by John @ APF, I picked up about 20/20 under the curve. That should see noticeable gains at the track.

Usually, when I arrive at the track straight off the highway (with time only for a bathroom break), I will have my best run of the day or not improve on it much (unless I make significant changes).

I can run back-to-back with 10-15 minutes between runs and stay easily within a tenth. Long waits do not show me significant improvements.

I added a 160* thermostat, and while it occasionally shows 180* on the highway, I have not seen improvement in the lanes and I have seen some inconsistent fluctuations in temps (e.g. jumping from 190* to 215* back to 198* in a short time). But most of my runs are 194* ECT.

I have ordered an ADM Race Scoop, and if it arrives this week, I'll be testing it out Sunday.

I also have another "secret" mod I want to try out this weekend. "Secret" because I'm embarrassed to admit I'm actually trying it. But I can, so I will, and it should add fuel to a common debate.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote