View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
SWEET SYNERGY

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition 2002 SOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone587 View Post
I dont think I am going to run wires into the door knowing how it needs to be done now.. I dont like how you can still see a piece of wire and how it could leak water and corrode the plug. Also, if you trade in the car and rip out the wiring, you have a hole left..
Its totally up to you. FYI it rained today and I had the same concern as you but I noticed it really doesnt get that wet in that location. I dont foresee it being a problem. There was no water anywhere near the hole in the boot.

I consider myself pretty anal when it comes to my cars and if I though this was hack I wouldnt of done it. You can see the wires if youre looking for them but its not like theyre an eyesore. Also you only cut a small slit in the rubber for the wires to come through, less than 1/2", if you were to remove the wires you would be able to glue the boot back together and no one would be the wiser.

If you wanted to look into other options check out the thread Moriartii started about running wires the "old fashioned way". While I do think the pics in that thread look more professional you have to drill a hole in the door and I didnt want to do that. But it does look pimp.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.
SWEET SYNERGY is offline   Reply With Quote