View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #33
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
"Cobbled together...using the parts bin"...

Does it not make "good business case sense" for the Team to be doing parallel engineering, testing, certification and validation of "certain newly created parts" for "broader application(s)"? You know, two mules can be utilized for two different end purposes...three, if you count an Automatic ZL1. Wheels/tires/brakes/differential/axle shafts/HD Tremec...one with an LSA and MR, and perhaps one with an LS7 and "enhanced FE4"...

Just a thought...or a wish?!

Before the page turns on the '12 calendar, I predict this icon... ...will be used more than once...
You are preaching to the choir Lowdown!!!. I followed the thread and read all the arguments for the Z-28. You made an excellent argument I would like to note! My comments were a summary. I, like you, would like to see the same methodology used in a joint effort to bring the platform to market. Inferences can be made from threads that suggest it won't happen anytime soon. I don't have a business degree so I will not argue with corporate logic. However, there will be a Z-28. Clues are laying about to predict that. When is the question. And maybe they are working on it as we speak? I am staying optomistic for the return towards the end of the Gen5 cycle.