View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #8
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Outlet malls, yeesh, I hate 'em!

I just moved here a couple years ago (from Alaska), so I don't know the area all that well. Then I hear about this "Super Mall" in Auburn. I'm thinking "Super Mall? That sounds pretty... super!". So one weekend, about a month ago, I've got a friend in town and we're bored, so I say, "why not hit the Super Mall"?

It's about 45 minutes from my house, but hey, it's a Super Mall, right? I mean, people fly from all over the country to go to the Mall of America, so I shouldn't have any problems driving 45 minutes for a Super mall.

The closer I get to it, the more I start to wonder, "Why would anyone put a Super Mall in a place like this?". Then I get to Super Mall Way, and I'm thinking "Ok, maybe they wanted something a bit out of the way so that land prices would be cheaper. I mean, a Super Mall has got to take up a lot of acreage."

I finally pull up outside into the parking lot. It doesn't look all that impressive, but I figure I must have just pulled into the wrong section of the mall. I'm sure that as soon as I get inside I'll be blown away by the sheer Superness of it.

Needless to say, I am now passing around a petition to change the name of the Auburn "Super Mall" to the Auburn "Super Outlet Mall Full of Crappy Merchandise that No One Else Wants To Buy Because It Sucks!"

I did buy a couple of Camaro T-shirts there, so the trip wasn't a complete waste, but I still think it's false advertising.

Well, that's washington for ya, but, the cabelas IS amazing! it's got a restauraunt, I had a freaking ostrich sandwich, it owned! They have all these animals, I bet every legeal game animal that isn't a fish, their fish exhibit isn't all taht impressive, and they've got a Gun Library, and it is just what it sounds like. a library, but instead of books, it's filled with old guns, it's bitchin. It is definantly worth the trip. but make sure you go there at dark, cu then even the drive in is impressive.
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote